With Labor Day just around the corner, outdoor lawn games are in full force. Here's one you can do yourself—outdoor tic tac toe!
Tic tac toe can be so much more than the back of a receipt at the dinner table with your kids. Make a lawn game that will last over the years and will make your kids excited to go outside and play it!
- Scorch Marker Pro
- 10 Sourwood Wood Rounds
- One yard of denim (canvas or a burlap sack would also look great)
- String or a cut off strip of fabric
- Heat gun (above 1000W)
- (Optional) stencil
1. Make sure your wooden rounds are sanded to 220 grit
2. Prime your Scorch Marker Pro by pressing the marker tip into a paper towel until you see liquid flowing into the tip of the marker.
3. Apply stencil to wood rounds if applicable
4. Draw design with Scorch Marker Pro.Cap marker and remove stencil.
5. If using a heat gun, warm up the heat gun for 30 seconds before applying heat to your design.
6. Apply heat in quick, side-to-side movements holding heat source 2 inches away from the design until the design is as dark a shade as you'd like. Turn off heat gun and leave it in a heat-protected place to cool off.
7. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have five wood rounds with X's and five wood rounds with O's.
8. Take your yard of fabric and lay it out on the table. Take 9 wood rounds and lay them in 3 rows of 3. With your ruler and Scorch Marker Pro, draw your tic tac toe board in the middle of your fabric, so that the lines outline your wood rounds.
9. To burn the tic tac toe lines into your fabric, repeat step #5
10. Take your scissors and trim fabric until tic tac toe board is the size you'd like
11. Place the two stacks of the X's and O's in the middle of the fabric and bring all 4 corners up. Tie the four corners together with a string or strip of extra fabric. It should look something like this:
And... that's it! You've got an outdoor lawn game ready to in it's own little carrying case. Best part of it? You were the one who made it.
Note: Personally, I like bigger lawn games. However, If you don't want to buy that many wood rounds but still want to make your own tic tac toe set, consider using one wood round to draw your tic tac toe board and using small pebbles, buttons, etc as the X and O's. Easy, quick, and very cute.
That's it, friends! Easy peasy. For more information regarding Scorch Marker, visit our website by clickinghere.