Materials and Tools
Here are some basic tools/items you'll need to create your Fall Signs
- Wood Piece (depending on what kind of sign you are making)
- Sandpaper (sandpaper kit)
- Scorch Marker
- Stencils (Fall Stencils)
- Heat source (Heat Gun)
(An awesome pumpkin sign made from our own Colleen M Super Fan!)
Preparing the Wood
For the Scorch Marker, the most valuable preparation step is in achieving a smooth, even surface. This is done most efficiently through sanding.
Sanding your wood removes large (and small) imperfections that may interrupt your drawing. Not only that, but it also provides a better area for the Scorch Marker liquid to soak into.How to sand your wood:
- Identify the direction of your grain - the direction of which the wood fiber run is known as the grain
- Choose your sandpaper grit - the higher the number the finer the sandpaper will be.
- Wipe your surface - after sanding be sure to wipe your wood surface entirely clean before apply your stencil and Scorch Marker.
Not sure exactly what to make for your Fall sign? You can truly be creative with these and let your imagination run wild! It doesn't have to be a traditional Fall sign either!
Here are some easy Fall sayings and design ideas:
- Happy Fall Y'all
- Hello Pumpkin
- Home for the Harvest
- Welcome to the Pumpkin Patch
- Sweater Weather
- Happy Pumpkin Spice Season
@growingmakersmagic Get ready to be over loaded with fall decor! #fall #rusticfalldecor #fallstyle #itsfallyall #fallwood #woodtok #makersmagic #scorchmarker ♬ Bossed Up - Queen Star
Use the Scorch Marker Fall Stencils to create this adorable "hello PUMPKIN" sign for regular table top seasonal decor!
You can create your own vinyl stencils at home to use on your Fall wood signs.
Once your project is finish you have options to really seal in those designs! You can create Fall Home Decor that will last for YEARS to come!
You can use Scorch Marker Wood Oil to really moisturize the wood and make the designs really set in.
Or you can use the Scorch Marker Maker's Magic Gloss Finish. This gloss finish really makes any design shine! (Allow 48 hours to fully set)
Our Super Fan Carol really stepped up her Fall/Halloween game this year!